Nowadays, when people get stressed, tired, or they just had enough, two things are always there to make them feel better – food and alcoholic beverage. Some people would get both, while some would just opt for food. Rarely would there be someone who would stick to their workout routine when they feel they had enough.
As they say, food makes everything in life a lot better. Especially now when food is available in just a few clicks, effortless ordering for your craving and getting it delivered at the comforts of your home. Convenience is the same reason why some people tend to forget about control.
It is not wrong to eat the food that you want, and there is nothing wrong with finding comfort from your favorite foods. However, the human body does not stay young forever, and it does not have the same ability to process and burn all the calories, sugar, and fats that you eat in a day. Because of the constant aging of the body and the change in its capacity, people start to gain weight.
Every scoop of ice cream, every bite of a cake is like a big sin that tempts you. Your body then slowly changes shape, and the weighing scale is starting to be your enemy, and your comfort food starts to stress you out.
After years and months of sulking yourself on food every time you feel bad, now, you want to go back to the hot bod that you once had. You may have probably read all the different diets, meal plans, and workout routines to get those fats off your body. You may also have joined multiple support groups on various social media platforms that campaign health and fitness.
After watching and reading for hours of testimonials of people who have succeeded in getting back in shape, you have found that motivation in you to start your very own journey to fitness. Now, you are probably thinking and asking yourself, why do you need a workout routine? Is diet not enough? Why can’t you just do different workouts when you feel like it?
Why is having a workout routine necessary in losing weight?
- Specific area of improvement – When you want to lose weight, many workouts can be done, but doing it consistently and creating a routine helps specific target areas improve. Cardio exercises target your stamina. Twists and turns target the body shape in the waist area, and leg work is to tone your leg and thigh. Squats are to make your bottom tight. Specific exercises that are incorporated in a routine helps to provide better and faster results.
- Fat loss, not muscle loss – Exercises are often associated with weight loss. What is not known is how exercise really helps in weight loss. You start to get fat when your calorie intake is higher than the calories that you burn, and with today’s technology, most tasks are done in front of a computer or through the use of a machine which lessens the physical activity required. Lowering your food intake will burn the stored fats and eventually consume the muscle protein, reducing not just the fat but also the muscles. Doing an exercise and following a workout routine will help burn those extra calories and keep the muscle mass. It will burn the fats that were stored while limiting or preventing the muscle protein from being burned and will also help make your muscles firmer.
- Metabolic Rate – Cutting on food intake will do great for your metabolism in the first two weeks to a month, but it will eventually adjust to the consumption that you now have and will slow down again. Doing exercise and workout routines will help improve your metabolism to ensure that your weight loss journey will be continuous. It will also prevent your progress from slowing down because your metabolism will continue to progress as your body continues to burn calories from your physical activity.
- Health Benefits – When you try to lose weight, most of the time it is because you want to be able to wear those clothes that you wore back in the days or to be ready to flaunt your extra hot summer body in the beach, but it is seldom that the motivation is to be healthier. When you have a workout routine, your body develops a habit as well. Your body will then filter the bad stuff that comes in, extract what is healthy and useable, and flush the rest out of your system, and this is the reason why people who exercise regularly have a lower risk of getting diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, obesity, cancers, and osteoporosis. It also lowers the risk of dying from such illnesses by fifty percent.
- Mental Health – Exercise is an excellent way to manage stress, keep your mind sharp and to unwind. One of the reasons why people develop obesity is because of stress. When you are stressed, your body experiences a surge of hormones such as adrenaline, cortisol, and dopamine. The increase in cortisol is the reason you crave comfort food. Because of the rise in hormones, more insulin is produced by your body; therefore, your sugar level decreases, and you want sugary and sweet food and beverages. The continued surge in hormones means that you continue to consume more food and sweets, hence, developing a habit that will change your body shape and fitness level. Follow your workout routine religiously and help keep your stress at bay.
Getting and keeping healthy can be a lot of work, and with the busy lives that people have nowadays, it is hard to squeeze in a schedule for a workout routine. You will barely be able to follow the 80 – 20 rule 80 percent is reliant on your food intake, and the remaining 20 percent is reliant on the workout routine that you have set.
The exercise that you need is not just pure cardio. It would help if you had a specific workout routine to help get your body better and get those bulges out of the way. These specially created routines are made by a fitness coach and fitness experts to get the best result.
With dedication and perseverance, it is possible to get this body But, getting started with all this is the most challenging part. Certain things need to be considered before starting. That is why it is impeccable to have a sit down with a fitness coach that knows what they are doing and will make it a point to assess and formulate a workout routine that will significantly help you with your goal.
If you are in Salt Lake City area, visit Athletic AF Gym to see for yourself how many people enjoy the benefits of a workout routine with the help of their experienced fitness coaches and of its CEO and founder, John Madsen who is a former NFL athlete.
Do not hesitate and reach out to Athletic AF for further information. Always remember that the motivation to start, continue, and to succeed is with you alone.